Monday, November 1, 2010

Finally! A quick update!!

So lets start off with the 10hr drive to the new house. Amelia did great! She slept most of the time while the car was moving and she ate really well when we made a stop every couple of hours. A few of the stops were almost an hour long making sure she had plenty of time to stretch those legs. It was great having my mom drive up with me. She sat in the back with Amelia to keep her entertained and happy when she was awake. An extra set of hands was really helpful the whole day. When we got to my parents house, I put Amelia down so she could stretch out and play on her mat. A few minutes later and this was the result:






We got our furniture in the house and kept everything we didn’t need right away in the garage. There are still plenty of boxes hanging out in there. I think I got maybe 50% of the house put away. We definitely need some more furniture.  

Mark was gone for almost a month taking care of work needed in Florida. It was quite a job taking care of Amelia by myself while at the same time looking for a job and putting the house away. I was quite exhausted even with the help of my parents.  I won't get into the ordeal about the cable/internet but let's just say it took about a month to get internet access. My plans of "skyping" with my husband fell through which really sucked. 

Here are some pictures that I  took of Amelia during our month together.











She loves her Tigger

Her new "toy" from her Papa!


Catching flies
Now Mark is home and so are the kitties! We are all still getting adjusted to the new home and City but so far so good. The weather has been gorgeous and the neighborhood is so quiet and lovely.  I can't wait for us to get really settled in. This is going to be a great start to our new adventure together as a family!

2 comments:

MV said...

I'm so glad you are reunited with the kitties and your husband! These photos are amazing Jacquie. Amelia is just gorgeous - seriously what a little sweetheart!

Jacquie said...

Thank you Mary! :)