Amelia is 16 weeks old! I can't believe it. She is full of smiles and coos everyday. She even rolled twice from belly to back but nothing regular yet. She had her 4 month check up a couple weeks early yesterday since we are moving. She is 11lbs 9oz and is 23.75 inches.The doctor was very happy with her and said she is very strong. Then came the shots. :( I held her while the nurse poked my little girl's pudgy legs. She screamed for about 15 seconds and then calmed down. She then proceeded to give the nurse such a dirty look. It was pretty funny.
Fast forward to when we got home. Amelia ate and then took a nice long nap with mommy. When she got up, my heart was broken. She screamed and screamed in pain. I never heard her scream like that before, it was awful. Her legs were red and swollen and every time she moved them she cried harder. I felt so helpless. I hated seeing her in pain. She cried for about 15 minutes and then finally was able to calm down after she stopped moving her legs. We gave her some baby Tylenol and fed her again. She then quickly fell back asleep after exhausting herself. After her second nap, she woke up with smiles and was much better but still a little tender.
I'm not looking forward to her 6 month shots. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment