Sunday, May 23, 2010

Backaches and baby dropping.

On Friday I was having horrible constant lower backpain. It started early morning while at work. Seeing that the chair is not that comfortable I tried getting up and walking around a bit. No relief. While having this backpain, I also experienced period like cramps in my uterus. This had me concerned especially with my blood pressure being up ad down. I called the nurse and the midwife looked at my chart and wanted me to come in the afternoon. I was concerned but I felt positive since I had no bleeding. I just wanted to know what was causing this pain and if I needed to rest and lay down for a few days.

My blood pressure was okay, 120s/80s. We listened to the baby's heartbeat and she sounded just fine. The doctor did an internal exam and told me that she was positioned pretty low, my cervix was still closed, and I was 50% effaced.  The reason for all the back pain was because the way she was positioned and how low she was. The pressure was right on my back. She said that the baby was on the larger side but not huge. She also noticed that I was retaining a lot of water. I did drop 2lbs in 3 days which was weird but I'll take it.

So basically, I was told that Baby Girl is pretty much allowed and ready to come whenever she wants. My next appointment is on Wednesday to see if there is any progress or if Baby Girl is just trying to play tricks on me. It still could be weeks until she comes. Either way, I'm so excited, anxious, and scared.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

OMG SO CLOSE!!! So excited for you!!