Wednesday, March 17, 2010

1st Childbirth Class

Last night, we went to our first Childbirth class at the hospital where we are expecting to deliver. I'm so excited to take this class and also anxious about what I may learn. The first class was more of an overview of what we will learn and introducing ourselves to everyone. I really dislike speaking in public, so of course my face turned as red as a fire truck when I spoke. Our instructor let out this big moan in class while she was teaching us some breathing techniques and encouraged us all to moan right then and there. I understand the benefits of it, but I still giggled like a teenage boy.

We watched a quick video about third trimester and when it is important to call your doctor. Good to know. We also learned about things that we may want to bring when going to the hospital. Thursday is our next class and our instructor is going to take us through the first stages of labor. Excited!

No comments: