Monday, August 9, 2010

2 month Check up!

Amelia is up to 9lbs and 7oz!!! The Pedi says her weight gain has been great and her development is going very well. Amelia even smiled at the doctor. Poor thing had two shots and an oral vaccine. Of course after she was given the oral vaccine she spit it right up thanks to her reflux. She did very well with her shots and only cried for just a bit.
Unfortunately she still has blood in her stool. This means that including no dairy I have to go on a soy free diet as well. :( Basically it is a fresh and raw diet for me. It amazes me how much food including spices and vitamins have soy in it. If this doesn't work by in two weeks, I may have to put Amelia on a formula. This makes me really upset. I wanted to give her breastmilk until she was at least 6 months and hopefully try for a year. I know there is nothing wrong with formula but it is not from me and this is not what we wanted for her. I'm really hoping this new diet works.

No comments: