Friday, January 21, 2011

Update on Amelia (33 weeks)

She is doing great!

  • She has 3 teeth now all on the bottom. The third one popped up all of a sudden and thankfully it wasn't as painful for her as the other two.  Those little suckers are sharp too. She likes to chew on my fingers when I'm not looking.
  • She is a solid eating machine! She has tried apples, pears, avocados, bananas, squash, peas, and prunes. I think her favorite is the squash, she devours it. We only had issue with the bananas which caused some major constipation for her. Poor thing was not feeling so good and it took a few days to get her back to normal. Speaking of poop, it sure is stinky now that she is on solids. 
  • Formula. Since my breast milk supply has significantly dropped we had to start introducing formula. Her bottles are now half breastmilk and half organic soy formula. So far we have had no issues with the formula. This was a relief since I have been on a soy and dairy free diet for I believe 5 months now. I'm really glad that she is doing well with the soy. She just has a little more spit up than usual and the formula adds to her stinky poops. I'm sad that I wasn't able to continue to feed her just breastmilk. I was hoping to continue until at least a year.
  • Amelia is quite the "talker." She vocalizes every chance she can get and loves to talk at the cat. She's laughing on a daily basis too which is awesome because her laugh just fills my heart with joy. It's intoxicating.
  • We had a big step the other day, for all of us. We moved Amelia's crib into her own room. I was so anxious the whole time leading up to the point where we laid her down on her mattress. I was worried that I would be sleeping on the floor or that she just would not stay in her crib. For the last couple of months she has spent most of the night in our bed. She just sleeps better when she is all snuggled up next to mom and dad. Who wouldn't? So the time came where we put her in her crib after she had already fallen asleep with us in the couch. She did so well. She only got up twice but after feeding her and letting her fall back asleep on my chest, I was able to put her back in her crib without any crying. The trick now will be to get her to actually go down in her crib and not on one of us.  I have to say that I wouldn't be able to do this at all if I didn't have a monitor. Her bedroom is so close but I still need to keep an eye on her constantly. I'm such a worry wort but I like knowing that I can open my eyes and look at the video screen and see that she is sleeping peacefully. I'm only getting up a few times more than she is to check on her but I'm used to doing that anyways. So all in all the crib transition has been going well.


Here is a recent picture of Amelia.  We were at the Angel Oak Tree which is  believed to be in excess of 1500 years old! She wasn't too impressed since she had just pooped in her diaper.





2 comments:

Megan said...

Adorable!

Anonymous said...

She's so CUTE!!!!