Thursday, July 29, 2010

Update on Amelia

I should have posted this last week but she does keep me busy.

I brought Amelia to the Pedi to discuss her feeding issues and to check on her rash on her face. I wanted to see if it was baby acne or  a reaction to something I was eating. To my surprise Amelia had gained a good amount of weight. She weighed in at 8lb 7oz. The Pedi was very happy and said she was right on track. This was such a relief  and I could feel the stress just melting right off of me. The feeding problems still threw me for a loop. The Pedi asked me tons of questions and I went through a basic feeding session with her. She gave Amelia a rectal exam to see if she had any microscopic blood in her stool. It was positive that she had some blood. It wasn't a whole lot but enough to change my eating habits for the following two weeks to see if it improves. I am on a strict non-diary diet. This my friends, is not easy but for Amelia I will do anything. She also suggested that we switch nipples on the bottles. We are using Dr. Brown's bottles and the Level 1 nipple. The Level 2 nipple is for 3 months but we decided to give it ago. The thought was that maybe Amelia was getting too frustrated while eating. So we switched and have found that she is eating her meals much faster. We are still having issues with her getting fussy during feeding but it is not every time. I have a feeling she is just dealing with a lot of gas. She is still on zantac for her Reflux and it seems to have helped a little.As for the rash she has what they call cradle cap which has nothing to do with what I am eating and should go away within a month or so. Her next appointment is on August 5th where she will get her weight checked again and her shots.

So things are slowly getting better and Amelia is slowly getting her thunder thighs. :)

No comments: