Monday, November 30, 2009

Telling the good news...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
We went up to South Carolina to visit my parents for Thanksgiving and share with them the wonderful news that we are expecting. I bought a pair of white booties and placed them in a gift bag. A few minutes after we got there, I had my mom open the bag next to my father. My mom slowly pulled them out and stared at me with a face that said 'I knew it,' my dad got up and hugged Mark like he has never hugged another man and then he started to cry. They are both the happiest they can be about becoming grandparents. It felt so great telling them and I cannot wait until we can tell my grandparents in a few weeks.

3 comments:

MV said...

:) Congrats on telling your parents!

Katie said...

Yay Jacque! What an awesome feeling that must have been! Congrats on spilling the beans!

Kara said...

That is so exciting Jacquie!